Thursday, November 03, 2011

Mother Gaia's Gift

By SoLeiNah

An Oasis of Satisfaction
Has appeared unexpectedly
Over the Crest of 
What I thought was just another dune.
I feel bathed in Completion
Washed heart and soul

Isn't that funny
How such significance can
Sneak up on you?

From something that just seemed
And Adventure
A fun Exploration 
Discovery and Delight
Turned  (with no warning)
into something
Much Deeper

And I sink into
A Meditation of 
Awe and Wonder
At the  
Abundance and 
Generosity of
Mother Gaia

I asked for my small cup to be filled
And an Ocean 
Overflowed my cup
And rearranged
My shoreline

My world is somehow different now
There is not enough room in my mind for this
Only the Heart can hold such Mystery.

Lake Heron, Chama, New Mexico
By Thomas J. Greenbaum

No comments: