Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2 Triad Unities Coincide

Sunday, 9/19/2010

I wanted to share with you my revelation during Yom Kippur meditation. After a lengthy sitting meditation, in the style of Buddhist vipassana meditation, I got up from my pillow feeling very much at peace and having a great bliss buzz on. I ascended the stairs from my meditation room. On the way up a thought came to me, "The Jewish path is not my thing, I need to stick with Buddhism." At that very moment I tripped a little and caught myself, but also bit my tongue a little. Very prophetic.

So, I immediately repented that thought. I was sent a message to bite my tongue on that thought. I laughed inside; the Jewish path is as much a part of me as the Buddhist path. I am truly a JUBU (Jewish-Buddhist).

The next thing that happened to me is that I had a revelation of how the two paths are joined. The topmost triangle of the Tree of Life in Kabbalah is the triad unity of God-Torah-Israel. The Three Jewels in Buddhism is the triad unity of Buddha-Dharma-Sangha. These two triangles overlap or coincide; they  describe a single being. This was a very profound moment for me.

Perhaps it is my fascination with triangles that brought me to this revelation. But I am not the only one who had this revelation of a triad during Yom Kippur meditation. This evening I researched the God-Torah-Israel triad and discovered that the philosopher Franz Rosenzweig first wrote of this unity in a book "The Star of Redemption." The book was inspired by a revelation he had while fighting in the trenches during World War I. He stumbled upon a synagogue in Berlin on Yom Kippur in 1913 and had the revelation of a triangle of unity; that God-Torah-Israel are a single being.

Is it a coincidence that I had the same revelation on Yom Kippur? Is it coincidence that I saw the two triangles of God-Torah-Israel and Buddha-Dharma-Sangha overlapping to form an even greater unity on Yom Kippur? Are the two overlapping triangles the Star of David, or are they the double tetrahedron of the Dakini Vajrayogini?

A JUBU in the Great Mystery

No comments: