Sunday, August 28, 2022

Vajra Guru Mantra - YouTube video


I created a YouTube video for my recording of the Vajra Guru Mantra. I made the recording and mixdown using Studio One 5 DAW and a Zoom R16 recorder, interface controller. It is entirely my voice chanting the mantra. I did all of the recording, audio & video production. I took all of the photos in the video. These are photos of lotus flowers that I grew myself in my backyard pond. It was a lot of fun creating the video, I hope you enjoy it. Perhaps you will want to join the chant and share in the benefits.

YouTube link: https://youtu.be/yOhW0mdns5E

By Karma Lodro Gyaltsen (Thomas J. Greenbaum)

Description:

The Vajra Guru mantra is the essential mantra of Master Lotus Born, Guru Padmasambhava. It is the life-essence of the deities of the four classes of tantra, the nine vehicles, the 84,000 aspects of the Dharma, and so on. The heart essence of all the Buddhas of the three times, the lamas, deities, ḍākinīs, Dharma protectors, and the like is encompassed by this mantra. Listen well and hold this in your heart. Recite the mantra. Write it. Tell it to sentient beings in the future.

See more info from the PDF file: https://www.lotsawahouse.org/tibetan-masters/karma-lingpa/benefits-vajra-guru-mantra "The Benefits of the Vajra Guru Mantra And an Explanation of its Syllables, A Treasure Text Revealed by Tulku Karma Lingpa"

Notes on Creating the Video

This was my first time doing recording and mixdown using Studio One 5 DAW and a Zoom R16 recorder, interface controller. I must tell you that learning the Studio One 5 software is quite a challenge.

Don't underestimate the learning curve and technical requirements of microphone staging, cabling to the Zoom R16 and interfacing with the computer. Fulfilling the requirements of obtaining devices, hardware and software, connecting everything properly without blowing anything up is another challenge. Haha!!

Of course, the same technology and production methods could include live video clips which this video does not. It is basically a slide show, a sequence of high quality lotus photos with text overlaid for better understanding of the audio. 

No comments: